How-to Make Homemade Raw Almond Milk
- keeps your heart healthy
- keeps your bone strong
- keeps your skin glowing
- contributes to muscle sstrength and healing
- keeps your digestion in check
It is healthy, creamy and so delicious!
Let's try to make it at home with Olya
Homemade almond milk (free from additives) - is low in unhealthy carbs, which means it won’t significantly increase your blood sugar levels, reducing your risk for diabetes.
• 1 cup whole raw organic almonds
• 4-6 cups water
• 1 teaspoon vanilla
• 2-4 tablespoons maple syrup, dates, stevia or whatever sweetener you prefer
1. Soak almonds for at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
2. Discard soaking water and rinse almonds. Place soaked almonds and 4-6 cups of water in a blender. Cover and blend on high for 1-2 minutes. It will be milky and have a bit of foam on the top.
3. Add vanilla extract and sweetener. Strain milk through a nut bag, doubled up cheesecloth or a fine mesh strainer.
4. Serve or store in a covered jar or pitcher in the refrigerator, it’ll be good for about 5 days.
Try adding 1 tablespoon of raw cacao powder or unsweetened baking cocoa when blending for delicious chocolate almond milk!!